Girls need cleats, a colored mouth guard, protective eyewear, and a girls lacrosse stick. Helmets are not mandated and are optional.
Equipment can be purchased at any store (retail or online) that sells lacrosse equipment. Each year, we have a special Dick's Day where our Wings families receive a special discount and assistance in choosing the right equipment for the game. This information will be posted on our Facebook page and in our monthly Newsletter, so please be on the lookout during the February/March time frame.
The fee covers the cost of facility and field rentals, officials' fees, team equipment, uniforms, tournament fees, coaching clinics/training, Basic Life Support and AED training, and our coaches background checks.
New players can purchase uniforms during registration. For returning players, we are reusing the 2018 uniforms. If you need to purchase a new size for either the pinnie or skirt, it can be purchased separately at time of registration.
WLA is now offering a payment plan option. Please see registration details for the terms of the payment plan. Additionally, Wilmington Lacrosse has funds set aside to assist families. We do not want the cost of this sport to prevent young athletes from enjoying this game. If you need financial assistance, go to "Downloads" located in the left column of the Homepage. Print the Financial Assistance doc, complete, and mail!
EARLY SEASON (March) applies to 3rd Grade - 8th Grade
- Our early season schedule will be posted on the Home Page.
- We will have 1 weekday and 1 weekend practice during the month of March. Weeknight practices during March will be determined by facility availability and the weather (which is usually touch and go, so keep a close eye on your emails and the website).
Indoor play location: Maplezone Sports Institute FIELDHOUSE, 1451 Conchester Highway, Boothwyn, PA 19061.
IN SEASON (Apr-May) applies to Kindergarten - 8th Grade
- K-2 practices 1 weekday.
- 3/4, 5/6, & 7/8 will practice twice a week April through May.
- WLA participates in the Pennsylvania Area Girls Youth Lacrosse Assoc. (PAGLA). Games are played on Saturday and/or Sunday. We may also coordinate intrasquad (Wings vs Wings) games.
- Each team will participate in 1 Tournament or Playday (excludes K-2nd Grade).
- Early Season Schedule will be listed on our website in November.
- Please make sure your contact information is listed for all necessary parties that require these updates. It is crucial that this information is in there or you will miss out on important practice and game information.
- Once the teams are formed in mid-March, the April and May practice and game schedules will be available online (on your daughter’s team page).
- Please download the SI Play (Sports Illustrated) APP on your mobile phone. This app will keep you up-to-date on any practice or game changes.
Besides membership offerings like Lacrosse Magazine and access to the US Lacrosse convention, US Lacrosse provides insurance coverage (beyond personal coverage) to our young athletes and their coaches. This coverage is a mandatory requirement for the facilities that we use and for all tournaments, clinics, and camps. Athletes must join or update their US Lacrosse membership before registering to play with Wilmington Lacrosse. US Lacrosse has adopted an age verification system, which includes a review of the birth certificate or other legal documents to confirm a players birth date.
Coaches need to be informed regarding ALL health issues. You can also make a note on any health concerns at the time of registration. We recommend that athletes give their team manager an inhaler marked with their name, to be kept in the team first aid box. In addition, athletes must bring an inhaler to each practice and game.
Spring weather can be fickle. Please check the HOME page of this website for practice/game cancellations. Decisions are made by 4 pm on a practice day.